more info and support
contacts for more information and support
- ADIO is a harm reduction agency that provides a needle exchange, IV drug equipment and information service. 10 East Street Newton, phone (09) 356-7373. For more IV info, including the contact details for pharmacy outlets and other needle exchanges, see www.needle.co.nz(external link)
- New Zealand Drug Foundation is a charitable trust involved in advocacy, facilitation and information dissemination on drugrelated matters. Phone (04) 499-2920 or www.nzdf.org.nz(external link)
- New Zealand AIDS Foundation is an organisation that promotes awareness, information and prevention of HIV/AIDS issues. National Office phone (09) 303-3124
- Health Promotion Agency (HPA) provides information and advice on alcohol related matters. Phone (04) 917-0060 or www.alcohol.org.nz(external link)
- Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step self help groups Ph 0800 229 6757 www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.nz(external link).
- Narcotics Anonymous 12 step self help groups Ph 0800 628632 www.nzna.org(external link).
Alcohol and Drug Helpline
The Alcohol and Drug Helpline is an independent service that offers a nationwide, information, advice and referral service. Contact them on 0800 787 797 between 10am-10pm every day. They also have an online directory of treatment services at www.alcoholdrughelp.org.nz (link not working)
If you are concerned about your own or someone else's drug use, contact CADS now on (09) 845 1818 or www.cads.org.nz