Medical Detoxification Service
CADS Medical Detoxification services are for people who have a physical dependence on alcohol and other drugs (e.g. methamphetamines, benzos, opiates) and who require medical support to withdraw from or reduce their use or to stabilise on medications.
Physical dependence is when people:
- need to increase how much they take to get the same effect
- experience physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms if they stop drinking or using drugs.
CADS provides medically managed withdrawal support through two services:
- CHDS/Community and Home Detox Service: the team can support you at home or in the community
- The in-patient unit: for people who need 24 hour medical supervision.
If you would like to know whether medically managed withdrawal might be an appropriate option for you or you have questions about the process you can phone us on 09 845 1818 or visit a walk-in clinic (10am - 1pm Mon - Fri) at CADS North, South, West or Central.
Please note: there is no walk-in clinic at Pitman House
About the inpatient unit
Our unit at Pitman House Point Chevalier has 10 private bedrooms
- each bedroom has a single bed, chair, wardrobe and natural light
- there is a quiet and confidential room where clients can meet their visitors
- two lounges are available: one with a pool table, TV, sofa and lots of games
- the outdoor courtyard has a relaxing garden, picnic tables, and grassy area